Policy and procedures
This is an all age sub-board. It exists to seek assurance on existing local policies and to coordinate the development of new policies for safeguarding.
Its objectives are to:
- Maintain an oversight of changes in safeguarding legislation, policy and practice developments nationally and locally and ensure our policies remain up to date and relevant.
- Maintain a mechanism for receiving information from relevant sub boards which supports the ongoing review and development of local policies and practice guidance.
- Work with relevant sub-boards to ensure there is an effective learning and development / implementation plan to support the effective launch of new local policies and practice guidance.
- Seek an agreement across agencies about operational practice in relation to each new policy, procedure or guidance and work with them to facilitate the translation into practice.
- Agree actions to support the multi-agency partnership to address issues identified by new policies, procedures, guidance or research findings.
- Receive assurance from the relevant sub boards around the processes, protocols and procedures in relation to Serious Case Reviews and Safeguarding Adult Reviews.
- To identify and support the link officer for the Greater Manchester Procedures groups to ensure Trafford and Greater Manchester procedures are kept up to date.
- To identify and support the link officer who is responsible for updating the adult social care policies, procedures and practice guidance resource to ensure staff have access to relevant policy and practice guidance.