Learning and Improvement Committee
We have two Learning and Improvement Committees. One is adult focused and looks at cases with potential learning that have not met Safeguarding Adult Review criteria. Similarly, the Children's Learning and Improvement Committee looks at cases with potential learning that sit below the threshold of a Child Safeguarding Practice Review.
For each committee, the objectives are:
- To cause such investigations as are necessary to fully inform the learning from cases that are below threshold for the relevant review (SAR / CSPR)
- To request agencies to provide assurance as to the practice, procedure and policy changes that are recommended as a result of the case learning review
- To develop, monitor and manage case action plans that arise from below (SAR / CSPR) threshold cases and manage such plans to completion within agreed time scales.
- To develop and manage action plans that are required from the recommendations of completed commissioned SAR and CSPR reports and to manage those plans to completion within agreed time scales.
- To liaise with and provide information to the Coroner as requested.
- To liaise with and provide information to all the relevant committees of the partnership as required.
Referral forms for the Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews, Children's Learning and Improvement Committee or Safeguarding Adult Reviews / Adult Learning and Improvement Committee are below.
These forms can be returned to us by email.