The Exploitation Sub-Board is child focused. Its aim is to protect children and young people from being exploited and ensure that victims are well supported. This group focuses on Chid Criminal Exploitation (CCE), Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and Missing (when someone's location cannot be established).
The objectives of this group are:
- Ensure that vulnerable children at risk of exploitation or going missing are identified at the earliest possible stage and that action is taken.
- Co-design and shape the services of the future through co-design.
- Apply a level consistency and shared understanding of risk and action needed when missing or exploitation is a feature.
- Develop a culture of early intervention and identification when children and young people are at risk of exploitation.
- Enable children at risk of or who currently have complex safeguarding needs to transition in adulthood in a supportive and sustainable manner.
- Adopt a contextualised approach to managing complex safeguarding, ensuring that it is intelligence led and promotes disruption actively.
- To roll out training across the service to embed a shared risk approach.
- Embed learning and multi- agency process from Return Home Interviews.