Safeguarding Adult Review (SAR) Protocol
This protocol details the procedure that will be followed when a Practitioner or Manager feels that SAR Criteria has been met
- Practitioner / Manager identifies a case that meets SAR Criteria
- Practitioner completes the online SAR referral form and then submits this to the relevant Specific Point of Contact (SPOC) for them to complete the final section.
- Upon receipt the SPOC to quality assure referral and then complete and submit within five working days.
- TSSB to confirm receipt of referral within 5 working days.
- The case is discussed at SAR Panel and it is determined whether SAR criteria are met, and if so a SAR will be commissioned. At this point either:
(a) There will be a request for further information;
(b) An SAR will be commissioned; or
(c) A decision will be made not to commission an SAR.
The referring agency will then be informed of the outcome. In the case of (c) above, consideration will be given to another form of review.